The responsibilities of the Residence Services Ambassador are listed below by competency area. These competencies are directly connected to the Department of Residence Service’s Blue and Gold Points of Pride.
Critical Thinking/Problem Solving:
• Exercise sound reasoning to analyze issues, make decisions, and overcome problems.
• Ability to obtain, interpret, and use knowledge, facts, and data in this process, and demonstrate originality and inventiveness.
• Leverage the strengths of others to achieve common goals and use interpersonal skills to coach and develop others.
• Ability to assess and manage one’s emotions and those of others; use empathetic skills to guide and motivate; and organize, prioritize, and delegate work.
• Leverage existing digital technologies ethically and efficiently to solve problems, complete tasks, and accomplish goals.
• Ability to demonstrate effective adaptability to use new and emerging technologies.
• Articulate thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively in written and verbal forms to persons inside and outside of the organization.
• Ability to speak in public; can express ideas to others; and can write/edit memos, letters, and correspondence clearly and effectively.
• Build collaborative relationships with colleagues and customers representing diverse cultures, races, ages, genders, religions, lifestyles, and viewpoints.
• Ability to work within a team structure and can negotiate and manage conflict.
• Participate in evaluations to measure professional development and work competencies.
• Identify and articulate one's skills, strengths, knowledge, and experiences relevant to the position desired and career goals and identify areas necessary for professional growth.
• Ability to navigate and explore job options, understands and can take the steps necessary to pursue opportunities, and understands how to self-advocate for opportunities in the workplace.
• Value, respect, and learn from diverse cultures, races, ages, genders, sexual orientations, and religions.
• Ability to demonstrate openness, inclusiveness, sensitivity, and to interact respectfully with all people and understand individuals’ differences.